Monday, May 18, 2020

Banter with Flintoff to coaching in limited-overs: Here's what Yuvraj said


During the must-win game for India against England in 2007, Yuvraj smashed six sixes in an over bowled by Stuart Broad.


Former India batsman Yuvraj Singh recalled his tussle with English all-rounder Andrew Flintoff during the 2007 T20 World Cup match against England.

Yuvraj was doing an Instagram live session with former England skipper Kevin Pietersen. During the session, Yuvraj was then asked to talk about what Flintoff told him during the T20 World Cup in 2007.

During the must-win game for India against England in 2007, Yuvraj smashed six sixes in an over bowled by Stuart Broad.

However, before the feat, Yuvraj was involved in an aggressive war of words with Flintoff.

Yuvraj Singh's 6 sixes vs Stuart Broad
"I think Freddie bowled two good balls and he bowled a yorker which I managed to hit for a boundary. Then he told me that this was a dash shot, he got pretty elaborative. He said I am gonna cut your throat off and then I replied saying you see this bat in my hand? You know where I am gonna hit you with this bat? I remember I was so angry, when I hit Broadie for six sixes, I looked at Dimitri Mascarenas and then I looked at Freddie."

"Mascarenas had hit me for five sixes during an ODI match so that is why I looked at him first. It was one of those games which we all will remember," he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment